Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Monday, November 06, 2017
Wednesday, November 01, 2017
Thursday, October 26, 2017
Thursday, October 19, 2017
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
Thursday, October 05, 2017
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
Wednesday, September 20, 2017
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Wednesday, September 06, 2017
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Wednesday, August 23, 2017
Thursday, August 17, 2017
Wednesday, August 09, 2017
I was asked to give a few tips to professional artists attending their first comic book convention:
- Signage is important. If you’re in artists alley, you should get a banner stand so people who are looking for you can spot you and people who don’t know who are will now be aware. Label the costs of your art and comics.
- Bring bags. Whether you are selling art, prints, and/or comics you should have something for your customers to place their items.
- If you are going to draw commissions, have your art supplies ready to go. I have a separate set of supplies I use at shows and at my studio. Not all studio supplies are suited for drawing at a convention.
- Have business cards with your website, social media, and contact information. I don’t have them out because people take free stuff regardless if they actually want it. I only give cards to people who specifically ask for one and people who buy stuff.
- If you have a smartphone or tablet, consider getting a credit card reader from places such as PayPal and Square.
- Properly display your work. If you have comics, affordable countertop displays can be bought that stand you books upright. If you have prints and/or original art, use a portfolio or if you have the space attach them to grid walls.
- If you are selling your own comic book, prepare a short pitch to tell your potential customer of what the book is about.
- Bring hand sanitizer. There’s a lot of germs floating around comic conventions. Don’t get sick.
Check out my San Diego Comic-Con 2017 video:
Wednesday, August 02, 2017
Here’s a drawing I did of Kit Harington and Emilia Clarke as Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones.