Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hyperkinetic



The world is in crisis. People are in an uproar of the lack of exciting entertainment that can fill one's mind with wonder and amazement. Matteo Scalera, Oscar Celestini, and I have have banded together to rectify that inadequacy with my latest creation Hyperkinetic.

Hyperkinetic is a science-fiction/action-comedy about four intergalactic female bounty hunters and their robot. They crash land on a weird alien planet and have crazy adventures dealing with giant killer robots and bizarre aliens. Hyperkinetic is written by me, has art by the super talented Matteo Scalera who will soon dominate the art world, and is colored by the spectacular Oscar Celestini (I also ink the covers just so I don't get rusty).

Hyperkinetic #1 will be in comic shops July 2, 2008. It's published by Image Comics.

Go here to see more art.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

What's up Howard!
Best of luck with your books and I'll be sure to keep an eye out.
Oh and thanks for swinging by my blog.

victoriaying said...

Hey! Fun stuff here on your blog! Great stuff!

Howard Shum said...

Thanks, Edwin and Victoria!

Tatevik Avakyan said...

Sounds really exciting! Very dynamic designs.

Howard Shum said...

Thanks, Tevik!

Kyri Kyprianou said...

Hi! Thanks for the post on my blog Howard, and you've got some great stuff here too...I love the Lost caracatures!

Anonymous said...

uhm...This HyperKinetic seems to be interesting...I don't really like the art, but I'll buy it anyway... :D :D :D :D

Urban Barbarian said...

Beautiful looking. Best of luck with this one! I already dig the looks of it!

Howard Shum said...

Thanks, Kyri, Teo, and Dan!

Teo - be careful talking bad about Hyperkinetic's artist. I heard he pees in the shampoo of people who don't like him. :)

Dapper Dan said...

Looks awesome man! Kudos to you and Matteo!

Howard Shum said...

Thanks, Dan!

Meesimo said...

Awesome, best of luck! Cool to see it on the horizon.
Can't wait to get my grubby hands on the first issue and read it.
Cheers

COMIKXGUY said...

hiya howard!

looks good, saw it in previews

even though i would have prefered the concept artist i still like this one too

too bad there was some gun fu action or the other creations you've worked on

i'll bee checking in from time to time

COMIKXGUY said...

ha! i meant that there wasn't any gun fu action

and i dig matteo too :)