Wednesday, November 26, 2008
It's a good time for another Doutzen Kroes drawing so I did one.
I’ve been tagged by Alina Chau to post seven random facts about myself and then to tag seven other friends where they have to do the same.
1. Last week while talking with my buddy Mark Morales I said that I probably have hung out and know more black people than him (outside of his immediate family). He grew up in a part of Long Island that is 75% black and I grew up in the inner city of Indianapolis that was 98% black. Mark disputes my notion.
2. I saw “Before Sunset” before I saw “Before Sunrise.” I think “Before Sunset” is not only the stronger of the two, but also highly underrated. You don't see brilliant writing and acting like this often.
3. I’m dying to use the line, “You are a stone cold whore master,” in a conversation even if it is not in context, just because I think it’s cool and funny. The line is from the great David Mamet film “Spartan.”
4. I saw Miyazaki’s “Ponyo” yesterday (it’s pretty good, though not on a Mononoke level) and John Lasseter was in the audience (I didn’t go bug him).
5. For Hollywood, I’m represented by Endeavor which make me like three degrees from President-elect Obama (my Endeavor agents - Ari Emanuel - Rahm Emanuel - Obama).
6. I ink with a Raphael 8404 #3 sable brush, even though some people think I use Illustrator.
7. It takes me forever to think up character names when I’m writing so I mostly use athletes and old cartoonists names for inspiration.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Danny Boyle continues his streak of making interesting films with "Slumdog Millionaire" which he directed and is written by Simon Beaufoy and based on a novel "Q&A" by Vikas Swarup. An uneducated orphan from the slums is one question away from winning the top prize in India's "Who Wants to be a Millionaire?" How did he get to this position? We find out by seeing the difficult life he has led which also involves his life long pursuit of the girl he loves. Check out this flick.