Friday, October 28, 2005

The Greatest Game Ever Played

I saw “The Greatest Game Ever Played” tonight. It’s one of the best films I have seen this year. From the advertising, I was expecting a simple kids movie, but it’s not that at all. It’s an enticing film about classism and the unique attitude of what separates winners from losers.

I think it’s possible for someone to stumble into making a good movie. With a quality first film “Frailty” already under his belt, director Bill Paxton shows in this film that he is a filmmaker of magnitude. He posses a visually flair that most actors-turned-directors lack. He gets amazing performances from young actors Shia LaBeouf and future Academy Award winner Josh Flitter. Mark Frost turns in a good script from his book which is based on a true story.

This film was mismarketed. I am not a golf fan and I don’t think you need to be one to enjoy this film. It’s definitely worth watching.

No comments: