Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Before Sunset and The Hottest State


Here's a scene from Before Sunset, one of my favorite films and highly underrated. Julie Delpy and Ethan Hawke cowrote the film with director Richard Linklater.

It's interesting to see Ethan's growth of a filmmaker with his new film The Hottest State. I find his writing (in this and Before Sunset) to be emotional and personal. It's introspection one does not see often in films (at least not done well or interestingly). I can't help but to imagine him going deep into his life and extracting material for his writings. His new film is worth watching.

3 comments:

DW said...

Hottest State is a film now? I remember loving that book when I read it years ago. Beautiful art as always Howard - those curls in her hair are magnificent!

Unknown said...

Cool cinematic layout!

Howard Shum said...

Thanks, Daryl and Alina!